free shipping over $99 | Prestige members free over $75
Latest Items Added to Your Bag
You have no items in your shopping bag.
This Accessibility Plan (2014 – 2021) outlines policies and actions that YM Inc. (Sales), (hereafter referred to as the Company), will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
The Company is committed to treating all individuals in a manner that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are committed to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in an efficient and timely manner by preventing and removing barriers and meeting the requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
The Company is committed to ensuring the safety of our customers and employees. Emergency procedures will be made available in an accessible format upon request and provided in a timely manner.
The Company will provide training to employees, volunteers, and third parties on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. The Company will take the following steps to ensure that employees are provided with adequate training to meet Ontario’s accessible laws by January 1, 2015.
• Establish and ensure that appropriate training on the requirements of Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation and the Ontario Human Rights Code is provided to all employees, volunteers, and third parties.
• File and maintain a record of the training provided per store and banner.
• Ensure training is provided on any changes made to the policies and/or regulations.
The Company is committed to providing information and communication accessible to persons with disabilities. We will ensure that communication and information are accessible and are in accessible formats that meet the needs of persons with disabilities.
The Company will take the following steps to ensure that all new websites and content conform to WCAG 2.0, Level A by January 1, 2014 and WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021.
• Ensure development of all new websites and content meet Information and Communication Standards under the regulation and that partnering individuals have expertise with such technology.
• Provide guidelines to all employees to ensure public documents and media are readily available upon request in accessible formats.
The Company will take the following steps to ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request by January 1, 2015 and that all publicly available information is made accessible upon request by January 1, 2016.
• Ensure that existing and new processes of providing feedback are accessible to persons with disabilities by providing or arranging accessible formats upon request and within a timely manner.
• When requested by persons with disabilities, we will consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of the accessible format or communication support, provide or arrange the accessible format or communication support within a timely manner that takes into account the person’s accessibility needs and notify the public about the availability of accessible formats and communication supports.
The Company is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle.
The Company will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, upon request, we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment process by January 1, 2016.
￼￼• Review and if necessary, create modification to our current recruitment process.
• Specify that accommodation for persons with disabilities can be made available on our job postings and websites.
• Include that accommodation is available when scheduling an interview with persons with disabilities.
• If a selected candidate requests accommodation, consult with the applicant and arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account their accessibility needs.
The Company will take the following steps to develop and implement a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability by January 1, 2016.
• The employee may participate in the development of the plan and will be assessed on an individual basis.
• The Company reserves the right to request an evaluation to be completed by an outside medical expert, at the Company’s expense, to assist in determining if and how accommodation can be achieved.
• Outline the frequency in which the accommodation will be reviewed and provide reasons if accommodation is denied.
• Provide individual accommodation in a format that takes into consideration the employee’s accessible needs.
We will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account when using the performance management process, career development and redeploying employees with disabilities by January 1, 2016.
• Review, assess, and if necessary, make modifications to current procedures and policies.
• Take the needs of employees with disabilities and if applicable, their individualized accommodation plans into account when reviewing performance, managing career development, and when redeployment is required.
The Company will provide individualized workplace emergency response information to Employees who have a disability, if the disability is such that the individualized information is necessary, and if the Company is aware of the need for accommodation due to the Employee’s disability. The Company will provide this information as soon as practicable after becoming aware of the need for accommodation. Where the Employee requires assistance, the Company will, with the consent of the Employee, provide the workplace emergency response information to the person designated by the Company to provide assistance to the Employee.
The Company will review the individualized workplace emergency response information when the Employee moves to a different location in the organization, when the Employee’s overall accommodations needs or plans are reviewed and when the Company reviews its general emergency response practices.
The Company will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making modifications to public spaces which include service counters, fixed queuing lines and waiting areas. The Company will put procedures in place to prevent service disruptions. In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruptions and alternatives available.
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact Human Resources at:
Accessible formats of this document are available upon request.
Effective Date: ￼January 2014 ￼